Need some tips for website content?
Are you running dry for ideas on adding content to your website? News always makes great content and a headline of "Special Savings" is a winner. If these don't work for your website, you might find it harder to come up with good content to keep your site fresh. But there is a surefire solution and it always includes a number or a superlative.
Add superlatives or a number to the headline
One of my favorite sites is GoodReads. Their recent posts exemplify this idea to a T. Here is a sample.
- 48 Books that scared the bejesus out of readers
- The 40 most popular horror novels of the last 5 years
- 2020's top horror novels
- October's most anticipated new releases
- October's hottest romances
You get the idea. Mixing a superlative with a number is even better. A recent date adds extra relevance. Not to pick on GoodReads, let's look at the hardware behemoths, Lowes and Home Depot.
- 3 ways to make over your bathroom
- Best showerheads for your bathroom
- Best bathtub remodeling ideas
Adding a superlative, a number and a recent date, we get the headline:
- 2020 Top 10 ... (fill in the blank)
Make your expertise count
If you have expertise in ranking and choosing the best products in your field, this is a gold mine to improve your SEO. Haven't you, personally, ever Google searched for "best" anything?